Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Arriving in South Carolina

In my last post I talked to you about the Welcome Days, and in this post I want to tell you what happened after that! Together with a girl from Denmark I flew to Atlanta, Georgia. There we had to change planes to fly to Greenville, South Carolina. Both flights went okay and in the flight to Greenville we were booked in First class! It was the first time flying First class for me and I really enjoyed it. During the flight we were nervous but also excited to meet our host families. When we got out of the plane we walked around a corner and there were our host families already!

My host family and their welcome signs



My face in this picture hahaha, I was so excited!



Sisters! You can see we love Converse ;) 

I really liked their welcome and I'm having a great time here so far. One of the first things we did was going to Chick-fil-a since two of my host sisters work there. It's my favorite food I had here! As a present I got a basket with all kinds of American candy. I especially like the Reese's peanut butter cup, it's so delicious! They also gave me Converse with the American Flag on them which I'm wearing all the time because they're awesome :)
I'm so thankful that they open their home for me this year and I immediately felt like a part of the family. I already met a lot of people and everyone is so nice! In the next blogpost I'll tell something about the differences between the USA and the Netherlands so far.

1 comment: